Wednesday, March 29, 2017

My medical experience at St. Lukes Medical Extension Clinic for US visa

My one day SLEC (St. Luke's Medical Extension Clinic) medical experience


When I got the case number from NVC. I already wanted to have my medical exam even the case status was just IN TRANSIT,  fortunately ,the status changed to READY  in just two days. I decided to undergo my medical exam a week after I got the NVC case number.

I did not have any preparation for medical exam. For X-ray procedure, I don't believe in drinking milk , alpine, this and that. It's just a myth. Milk won't go through your lungs, right? 😂 It will go to your system same path like whenever we drink water.😃 

If you have communicable disease, then it will stay in your body unless you were already diagnosed and have already seek medical treatment prior to your medical exam. Right? So there's no way you'll get rid of those diseases in just months or two without proper treatment. 

I arrived in Manila around 4pm. I checked-in at Hotel Soriente, a day before my medical exam. It's just one minute walk away from SLEC. What a perfect location!


I haven't had enough sleep. I just napped 5pm-7pm. Had a dinner at restaurants nearby. After eating, I went back to hotel and double checked all the requirements I need for the following day then prepared myself to sleep. I tried hard but still wasn't able to have a good one. Around 2:30am,  I decided to just get ready. 3:00am arrived at SLEC. There were 3 guys sitting, already waiting at the facade of SLEC.


4:30am, they started giving out queue numbers. It is a first come first serve basis. The guards will check first if your requirements are complete. I was number one for online applicants because the 3 guys  before me didn't register online. They had to fill up the PDS form. They were given number 1, 2, 3 but in blue tag mine was red.


**** This is how they prioritize applicants***


1. GREEN TAG- ( senior citizen, PWD, pregnant or with children)


2. RED TAG- ( online applicants )


3. BLUE TAG ( those who didn't register online)


Better register online, so no more hassle in filling out the forms. And if you are walk-in applicant you'll be the last priority falling in lines for the first step.


****************************************


REQUIREMENTS

1. Valid passport
2. 1 passport copy
3. Online registration form
4. 1 copy of NVC letter with case number. Mine was a print of the screenshot of READY status.
5. Visa interview appointment. (I dont have appointment yet but it's fine. I told them I will have an interview appointment once I passed the medical)
6. 4 pieces US VISA PHOTO . All photo must be identical.


Do not forget to bring a black pen with you. You will need it in signing forms and checklist in some process.


STEPS


1. Verification


Checking all the requirements. Photo capture. Fingerprint register. They'll give a piece of paper. Checklist of all the process you need to go through and a corresponding blank for the signature/signs of each steps you need to undergo.


Like the following:


PHOTO

FINGER PRINT
RECEPTION
CASHIER
IMMUNIZATION INTERVIEW
TST/IGRA
HEIGHT & WEIGHT
VITAL SIGNS
VISUAL ACUITY
X-RAY
LABORATORY
PHYSICAL EXAM

2. Cashier


Proceed to the 5th floor. Pay the medical fee 16,042.50php. Each section you go through will tell you what's the next thing to do. As for me, this #3


3. Laboratory


3rd floor. BLOOD AND URINE. This test focuses on Gonorrhea and Syphilis. They will give you consent form that needs your signature.


4. X-ray


4th floor. Remove your upper garments including your bras. You need to tie your hair. Don't worry if you have none, they have it there. It's a rubber band 😀


5. IMMUNIZATION INTERVIEW


2nd floor. They will ask for your past vaccines, allergies, medical conditions, operations you had before. Any medical related informations.


6. PHYSICAL EXAM


5th floor. Vital signs, Height, Weight, Visual Acuity. Then physical exam. It is one on one assessment with the examining physician. Doctor will asks information about health matters. Afterwards, you'll be asked to remove your clothes except your undies. The doctor will examine your eyes, ears, mouth, throat (you'll be asked to swallow),  your arms , (I think it's the wrist she checked for suicidal attempt . If you have marks of lashing your wrists in the past).

Will ask to bend your knees then turn on the side your back facing her with your legs straight.
The doctor will tell you to proceed to USA counter in the same floor. After couple of minutes they will tell you to proceed to the 3rd floor.

7. USA COUNTER CHECK OUT


3rd floor. Around 9am. Yes! finally done with all the medical exam. The staff asked me if I want to come back in the afternoon for the results. I said, Yes. She told me to go back around 1pm.


I was so sleepy. I went back to the hotel and napped for 3hours. At 12nn I had my lunch. Then proceeded to SLEC early around 12:30nn.


(I was worried a little for the result because I was afraid being exposed to some diseases. Coz I travelled to 5 countries just this month. Yeah just a little worry, as much as possible I always want to be positive about everything in my life. Worry won't cause anything good but stress. And it won't change the results anyway. I was 98% sure I would pass the medical examination. :) )


Better that I went early because they were already calling my name and was asked to proceed to 2nd floor immunization room. OMG, did I heard it right? Immunization room? OMG! I passed! The first thing that came to my mind.


From the 3rd floor, I immediately took the stairs down to the second floor. immunization room. Yes! The nurse gave me 3shots. I'm not afraid of needles. It won't cause too much pain and no profuse bleeding 😀I'm more afraid of sharp knifes. So yeah! Everything went well. He told me to go to the ground floor in the releasing area.


 I patiently waited , sitting for long time and actually had a short nap. Around 3pm when I woke up by the voice calling my name telling me to proceed to counter G. The nurse gave me the vaccine form and the chest x-ray CD. He sealed the medical results in a brown envelop with words written DO NOT OPEN. TO BE OPENED ONLY BY THE US CONSULAR OFFICER AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.


I was so happy that I accomplished something good that day! I can now focus on the next step. The Interview. 😀


4pm I went back to my province. Yey!


6 comments:

  1. Hi i find your blog very informative.
    Just want to ask if you have idea.. What if i have problem with my medical result.. (xray or in laboratory test) would that affect my entry in the u. S? My parents already bought ticket.
    Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rain, Thanks for dropping by. If your medical examination has problem, there would be no issue regarding entry to US but you will have some delays especially if you'll be needing to undergo medical treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, this is so helpful. thanks. By the way after your medical exam, did they tell you if you need any medical attention if they find something? do they tell you the results after it? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh really just one day medical exam., how I wish it will happen to me too ��., I guess they will ask you if you finish early right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeykey You information is so helpful. i am applying K1 and my 6yo daughter for k2. i am wondering if our medical exams would take one day like yours or two days since i have my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helloo, I just wanted to ask if its okay to not follow the signature on my passport? some employee question me about my signature, not the same from my passport but i already inform the 5th floor employee that im using other signaturr and then they let me signature(new) again on my photocopy passport for three times.

    ReplyDelete